Regulatory compliance requirements are driving Financial Services firms to leverage Business Analytics to meet the increasing demands for more consistency in statutory compliance reporting and for more transparency into the underlying data, calculations and assumptions that are the basis for filings. Visionary firms take it a step further, however, and leverage increased statutory demands as a catalyst to get ahead of competition.
A growing number of banks are making the move to industry standard platforms, purpose-built for managing a broad range of financial instruments and meeting these regulatory compliance demands. Visionary clients that closely collaborate with us are looking to not only meet those requirements, but also transform financial and operational processes and realize the competitive advantage that a sound analytical foundation provides. Those clients that leverage these initiatives to leapfrog competition arrive at the same conclusion: “If only we had done this years ago – we would have operated more efficiently and have made so many better decisions and better investments along the way.”
Adopting a standard industry data model establishes a foundation for integrating disparate systems and processes, for sharing common models and calculation engines, and for creating transparency. This in turn opens the organization to more advanced capabilities, such as iterative balance sheet planning at the individual instrument level, advanced profitability analytics, and automation of regulatory risk analysis and reporting.
Financial services companies need to adapt at faster rates than ever before. To do so, they need to manage their portfolio in a systematic and efficient fashion. They need to focus on efficiency, innovation and technology to create competitive advantage. Peloton has the knowledge and skills to integrate analytics, risk management, and scenario planning into these organization’s day to day management.
Peloton’s key areas of focus for financial services institutions:
- Data Foundation – Address complex analytical demands with a new approach to data management, enabling both enterprise-level, cross-functional analytics and deep line-of-business–level analytics and modeling for Finance, Marketing, and Risk departments.
- Funds Transfer Pricing – Determine the spreads earned on assets and liabilities, and the spread earned as a result of interest rate exposure for each customer relationship.
- Profitability Manager – Calculate profitability information by products, channels, segments, and individual customer relationships on a risk-adjusted basis.
- Balance Sheet Planning – Accurately forecast and plan net interest margin using asset liability model type capabilities in a planning framework.
To accomplish true business transformation and achieve tangible results, a phased approach is required in order to gain user adoption, mitigate risk, and ensure success:
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications
To help financial institutions grow, manage risk, and optimize stakeholder value, Oracle delivers a comprehensive, integrated suite of financial services analytical applications.
- Industry-leading analytical methods
- Integration of risk, performance management, customer insight and financial compliance
- Shared data model and applications architecture
- Enterprise scalability
- Actively Incorporate risk into decision making
- Achieve a consistent view of performance
- Promote a transparent risk management culture
- Deliver actionable customer, business line, and product profitability insight
- Deliver pervasive intelligence